Fun Facts About Blowing Rock NC
• The Blowing Rock is North Carolina’s oldest travel attraction since the 1800’s. It’s the only place in the world where snow falls upside down – Ripley’s-Believe-It-Or-Not.
• In 1924, The Mayview Manor (Photo: Right) started a gun club directed by sharp shooting legend Annie Oakley, who was 63 years old at the time.
• The Blowing Rock Charity Horse Show is the country’s oldest continuous outdoor horse show in America, since 1923.
• Author Margaret Mitchell stayed at The Green Park Inn in Blowing Rock NC while writing “Gone With The Wind”.
• Author Tom Robbins was born in Blowing Rock NC in 1936. Tom recounts some of his early memories of Blowing Rock in his book, Wild Ducks Flying Backward.
Check out the section of Blowing Rock Books
Is Blowing Rock Really Mitford?
Author and former Blowing Rock NC resident, Jan Karon based her Mitford Book Series on the Village of Blowing Rock NC with some of the local characters and landmarks, including local churches and restaurants. Blowing Rock NC hosted “Mitford Days” and was joined by Author Jan Karon for a fun filled week long celebration including a town parade. Memorial Park was transformed into a small town fairgrounds.
Read our Winter Driving Tips
Blowing Rock NC Lodging for Family Vacations
Blowing Rock NC offers many unique Places To Stay In Blowing Rock, including a wide variety of Blowing Rock Lodging and Accommodations, such as vacation rentals, resorts and condo rentals, hotels, hotels, inns, bed and breakfasts, country inns, cottage rentals, log cabin rentals and cabin rentals.
Blowing Rock NC Attractions
Don’t pass The Tweetsie Railroad Theme Park, located on U.S. Highway 321 between Blowing Rock and Boone NC, is one of the area’s most popular summer vacation attractions, featuring a 3 mile loop narrow gauge steam engine and amusement park.
The Blowing Rock Memorial Park downtown at the corner of Main Street and Sunset is a great place to sit and enjoy an ice cream cone from Kilwins or let the children play, on a warm summer’s afternoon. The free Sunday Concerts in the Park and Friday Night Concerts at Ragged Gardens Inn are free summer attractions in Blowing Rock NC.
Blowing Rock NC Mountain Vacations
Explore Blowing Rock NC Vacations to check out the Blowing Rock Weather before Planning Your Trip to Blowing Rock NC. Find Things To Do, Places To See, Places to Shop, Places To Eat and Places To Stay in the Blowing Rock NC in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina.
Find out why your North Carolina Vacations should be in Blowing Rock, North Carolina...
Visit our other North Carolina Vacations Travel Guides:
Blue Ridge Vacations, Great Smoky Vacations and Outer Banks Vacations.
High Country Wellness
Check out High Country Wellness for North Carolina High Country outdoor health and fitness activities, including hiking trails, biking trails, birding, canoeing and skiiing.
Rescue a Siamese Cat
Check out Siamese Rescue to rescue homeless and abandoned Siamese cats and rehome them in carefully screened, permanent situations.
©2016 Blowing Rock Vacations – Blowing Rock NC Lodging and Attractions for Vacations in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Blowing Rock North Carolina Vacations Guide to Blowing Rock NC. Established in 2004.
“Blowing Rock Vacations” is Registered with The State of North Carolina as a DBA to Blue Ridge Media.
North Carolina Web Design by Blue Ridge Media, PO Box 1571, Blowing Rock, NC 28605.